We’ve all likely experienced it at some point in our lives when trying to enjoy the television or favourite TV show but a weak television signal or a broken picture can be highly frustrating at the best of times. If you are experiencing these issues on a regular basis – this could be due to a number of factors – including that it may be time to have your aerial looked at and potentially repaired or replaced. Luckily – local experts such as our team at The Aerial Man are on-hand to support you and help identify, solve and fix the issue.
Our team are local aerial installers covering a huge array of areas across the South West. If you are continuing to have problems with your weak television signal after reading this article – we highly recommend that you get in touch with one of our local installers who are able to help you. We can offer you a free quotation in which we visit your home to carry out an assessment and then offer the quote. If you are happy with the works and the quote we give you then we can complete the work there and then or on a day that suits you.
Our local team are available to help you with all of your issues as well as assist you if you have any issues relating to TV Aerials in Swindon. We have supported our clients for many years and we are always available to support you should you have any issues. You can contact our team using an online contact form on our website or call our team now!
Initially Identifying the Source of Weak Television Signal
There are a number of different reasons as to why you may be suffering from weak television reception issues. The main issues are as follows:
For TV Aerials:
- Your aerial may not be placed high enough to receive reception.
- Your aerial may have been knocked out of place by bad weather or by birds.
- Other appliances may be interfering with your reception that are inside the house.
- You are not using an outdoor aerial currently.
- Your aerial was not installed correctly.
- Your aerial has been damaged by general wear and tear or the cables are damaged.
For Satellite Dishes:
- Trees and other obstructions can cause various reception issues.
- Satellite Dishes can become damaged over time and water can disrupt television signals.
- Rain and other extreme weather can disrupt satellite transmissions and reception.
- Incorrect installation of your satellite dish can cause issues after installation.
- Wear and tear of the satellite dish and relevant cabling can also cause reception issues.
Can I Identify These Issues Myself?
There are a couple of issues that you can look to fix on your own but as your aerial or satellite dish is likely situated on your roof – we highly recommend that you contact the professionals if you are not sure. If access is not overly simple to your roof – we have the tools and safety equipment available to allow us to access your aerial or satellite dish safely. We also have dealt with a wide range of issues so we are likely to be able to quickly diagnose these issues. Here are some of the common issues that may be easy for you to fix:
- If your appliances or other devices are messing with your television signal – you can test this. Turn off all appliances – if the issue stops, turn them on one by one until you find the offending appliance.
- If you can see that your satellite dish or tv aerial is obviously in the wrong position then you will know that you likely have an alignment issue.
- If the satellite dish or tv aerial has visible signs of rust, wear and tear or other indicators – you may need a replacement.
- If the satellite dish or tv aerial has been blown off or is severely damaged – it’s time for a replacement.
- If clear obstructions have developed such as constructions in neighbour’s gardens or trees have grown since the installation of your aerial or satellite dish then this could be a source of the issues.
If you are still unsure about the issues that you are potentially facing then it’s time to call in the experts. Experts such as our team will be able to safely access your roof and take a look at all of the other aspects such as your cabling and if your issues are internal or external – potentially saving you a lot of headaches and frustrations!
Our local team are available to help you with all of your issues as well as assist you if you have any issues relating to TV Aerial Installation in Swindon. We have supported our clients for many years and we are always available to support you should you have any issues. You can contact our team using an online contact form on our website or call our team now!