Loss of TV reception can be highly frustrating and there are a number of factors that may contribute to a fuzzy or poor picture quality. There are a number of different ways that you can prevent damage to your TV aerial and this can cause a number of preventable TV reception issues. It’s important to ensure that you maintain your TV aerial wherever possible but there are also issues that are unfortunately issues that are unavoidable.
This article discusses the issues that you need to be aware of and the steps that you can take to try and prevent TV aerial damage. In the event that you experience serious issues relating to your TV reception or TV aerial – then we highly recommend that you get in touch with our team.
Our team are available to help you with all TV aerial-related issues and our local experts are available in & we install and replace TV Aerials in Swindon and the surrounding areas. If you want to arrange for a free quotation then get in touch with a member of our team today. You can get in touch by using an online contact form on our website or by calling us now.
Common Issues That Can Cause Damage to TV Aerials
- Birds love to use aerials as a vantage point which is why you’ve likely seen them perching on a TV aerial in the past. They can melt the aerials over time due to their droppings being acidic and they can cause damage and displacement upon landing. There are a number of safe methods to deter them from sitting on your aerial, such as devices that scare birds or deter them from landing on your roof and finding a perch on your aerial.
- Aerials will suffer from wear and tear from extreme weather conditions and gradually due to damage from the elements. It’s important to make sure that your aerial is in suitable condition after extreme weather conditions and that you can carry out regular inspections of your aerial (if it’s safe to do so)
- Aerials may just naturally age due to the materials that they are constructed with. If you have an older aerial that is over a decade old – you may want to think about calling the experts and arranging for a replacement TV aerial.
Preventing Aerial Damage
If you do not have easy access to your roof or you are unable to safely assess your aerial then it’s highly recommended to get in touch with the experts if you experience issues relating to your aerial. If you are able to access your roof safely or you can observe your aerial safely then we recommend that you carry out the following:
- Ensure that you are aware of other issues that can cause issues with aerial reception. Trees that grow and that can block your reception – you can arrange for a tree surgeon to remove the tree. If a structure or object is being proposed to be built and it blocks reception then you can contest the construction for example.
- Ensure that you are checking the position of your aerial and the condition of aerial wiring if you have safe access to assess your aerial. Ensure that you are checking the look of the aerial as this can also indicate damage and decay.
- If you suspect that you have any issues then call in the experts. We can safely access your roof and assess the condition of your aerial. We can then advise on the relevant replacement or repair of wiring that you may need.
Our team are available to help you with all TV aerial-related issues and our local experts are available in Swindon and the surrounding areas. If you want to arrange for a free quotation then get in touch with a member of our team today. You can get in touch by using an online contact form on our website or by calling us now.