TV Aerials – Your Complete Guide
If you are looking to install an aerial in your property, are having issues with your current aerial or want to find out more about aerials – this TV aerial guide is perfect for you. In this guide – we will discuss everything aerial related as well as offer you relevant advice related to making the decision to install an aerial.
If you do need more advice after reading our guide – you can always get in contact with a member of our expert team. We offer TV aerials in Swindon for our clients as well as all across the South West. Our team of local aerial experts can help assess your needs with a free – no-obligation quotation. If you want to find out more – enquire with our team using an online contact form on our website or telephone now on: 0800 195 8056
Deciding That You Will Install an Aerial
If you don’t have an aerial at your property – you may want to go ahead and arrange for one to be installed. Installing a television aerial allows you to enjoy digital TV and a range of services including Freeview and subscription-based television services such as Sky. You can also choose to use a Freeview top box or in-built Freeview system (which comes as standard for most modern smart TVs.) Once you decide that you want to install an aerial to enjoy digital TV – you will need to take into consideration the following factors:
- Are you allowed to currently install an aerial. Some landlords or lease agreements will not allow an aerial to be physically installed on a property.
- Does the listing status of your property or business affect the ability to add attachments to the building. This would not allow an aerial to be installed on the roof for example.
- Does your property already have an aerial installed? There may be an aerial somewhere on the property. Remember that TV points do not necessarily mean an aerial is installed in the property.
- Having a Smart Television with in-built Freeview will not allow you to watch digital TV without an aerial.
If I Do Not Have Permission – Does This Mean No Freeview?
If you do not have permission or are unable to install an aerial in your home then you do have the option to opt for an indoor aerial. These are perfectly suited for those who cannot or may not want an aerial installed on their property. There are a variety of indoor aerials available that give great television reception – allowing you to enjoy digital TV without having to use a physical aerial attached to your roof. You can also utilise a combination of both to increase signal strength. We are able to offer you a wide range of indoor aerials so get in touch with our team if you want to find out more about indoor aerials.
How Does a TV Aerial Work?
Television aerials or antennas are designed to receive broadcasting signals which then are sent directly to your television. The television then amplifies the signal and selects information that carries vision and sound. This allows for the picture and sound to be sent to your television, allowing you to enjoy your favourite television programmes at the touch of a button!
Carrying Out Diagnostics on Your Current Aerial
One of the most frustrating things that can happen to your television is lack of television signal. What can make this even more frustrating is that there are a wide range of issues that may be causing this lack of signal to take place. When looking at issues with your aerial – you may have a number of factors that are causing the issues. Some of the main issues that could cause you problems are below:
- Signal is being blocked – by a new structure or trees for example.
- Aerial has become damaged due to tampering or environmental damage.
- Sometimes – weather can affect picture quality but quality should be restored once the bad weather passes.
- Aerial was not installed correctly. Although the picture quality is good when the installation has taken place – this can cause issues down the line.
- General wear and tear or age has caused the aerial to deteriorate in condition.
- Cabling of the aerial has become damaged which has caused picture quality to deteriorate.
- Appliances or other sources of interference are causing issues with your picture quality.
- The aerial has been damaged in bad weather or animals have dislodged the aerial such as birds looking for a spot to perch.
If you are ever unsure about the physical condition of your aerial then you can always arrange for a free, no-obligation quotation from our team. As there are many issues that could be associated with picture problems – we can take a look at the most common issues and give you an honest opinion and solution. If you are happy with the cost and the quote then we can go ahead and solve your issue there and then. As your aerial is likely on the roof and there could be several factors that are causing an issue – we highly recommend that you give us a call if you are unsure. We also recommend to not try and take a look yourself without the relevant safety equipment. We can remove the hassle for you and let you know what the issue is and more importantly – offer the solution.
Are Aerials Able to Be Repaired?
In some cases – your aerial may be in a state in which it is damaged but can be repaired. In this case – our experts can repair your aerial. This may be due to damaged cabling or the aerial has been knocked out of place.
Should an aerial be damaged but unable to be repaired then a replacement will be advised. This could be because wear and tear has damaged the aerial beyond repair or the aerial is older and would benefit from being replaced. In both of these cases – our expert team of aerial specialists can help you repair or replace your current aerial.
If you require the advice or assistance of our expert team, do not hesitate to get in touch! enquire with our TV aerial installers in Swindon using an online contact form on our website or telephone now on: 0800 195 8056